Galaxy Rewards Programme Membership
Terms and Conditions
The Science Centre Singapore Group of Attractions (“SCS”) has created arewards and loyalty programme known as the Galaxy Rewards Programme ("Rewards Programme"). The Rewards Programme will be governed by the terms and conditions as listed below in this annex ("Terms and Conditions").
Acceptance and Agreement
The submission of an application for membership to the Rewards Programme (“Membership”) is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Membership and Members’ entitlement to Membership benefits and privileges of the Rewards Programme, including but not limited to the redemption of any benefits and privileges, is governed by these Terms and Conditions upon successful application.
General Terms and Conditions
- SCS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend, delete, modify or vary any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and/or the features, benefits and privileges of the Rewards Programme without prior notice.
- By Member’s continued participation in the Rewards Programme, the Member is deemed to be agreeable to be bound by these Terms and Conditions including any amendments or supplements as posted on the webpage of the Rewards Programme from time to time.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions with any other form of publicity collaterals relating to the Rewards Programme, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- SCS may refuse to allow Members to participate in the Membership and Rewards Programme at its discretion.
- SCS reserves the rights, without any liability, to introduce, amend, restrict, suspend and/or terminate any benefit, service or privilege in connection with membership in the Rewards Programme, even if the Member is not in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility and Membership
- Eligible persons may sign up as a member to the Rewards Programme via the webpage of the Rewards Programme or by such other means as determined by SCS from time to time at SCS’ sole discretion.
- As a condition of participation in the Rewards Programme, Members are required to provide current, accurate, truthful and complete information during the registration process. In the event that SCS determines or have reason to believe that the information provided by an applicant or an existing Member is not current, is inaccurate, or is incomplete in any way or that the applicant or Member provided false or misleading registration information, SCS reserves the right to either reject the application, or suspend or terminate the Membership immediately without prior notice to the applicant or Member
- The Rewards Programme is open to all individuals without a fee.
- Applicants must be 15 years old and above at the point of applying for the Rewards Programme. Each individual is allowed to have only one registered SCS Rewards Programme account.
- No corporation, trust, partnership or other legal entity can be enroled as a member of the Rewards Programme.
Change of personal particulars
Members shall be responsible for updating personal particulars (including but not limited to name, mobile number, email address and mailing address) via SCS’ website in order to receive updates from SCS. SCS shall not be responsible for any dispute or situation regardless of whether it results in any loss or damage that may arise due to incorrect or outdated records provided by the Member.
Consent to collection of personal data
- Member’s name, mobile number, credit card details, transaction details, images of receipts, and any other information which have been provided to SCS or any of SCS agents, business partners and/or authorized service providers in any form or shape that Member may have submitted to SCS or any of SCS-appointed agents, business partners and/or authorized service providers, or in other forms of interaction with Member.
- information about Member’s usage of and interaction with the products and services under the Rewards Programme, SCS website, statistics on page views, cookies, IP addresses, membership details and traffic to and from SCS website; and
- photographs or audio-video or other recordings that Member has taken at SCS exhibitions, workshops, or related events organised by or in conjunction with SCS.
Withdrawal of consent to use of personal data
- If Member wishes to withdraw consent to any use of personal data, have any enquiry relating to member’s personal data or if Members would like to make corrections to personal data records, Members may contact SCS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within seven (7) working days of receipt of the Member’s written notice of withdrawal of consent, the Member’s Rewards Programme membership and entitlement to benefits and privileges under the Rewards Programme shall be terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If Member chooses to withdraw consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of Personal Data for SCS’ Purposes, the Member’s Membership shall be terminated and all unused points and Redeemable Rewards under the Rewards Programme shall automatically be cancelled and shall no longer be available for use at all by the Member. The Member shall also immediately cease to be entitled to any other benefit and privilege under the Rewards Programme.
- Change of personal particulars
- Members may accumulate points on his/her Membership Account for the nett purchase value of transactions made within SCS on rewards.science.edu.sg or in participating stores on the premises
- Points will be awarded only to Members who are logged in to their account at the point of online purchase on rewards.science.edu.sg or by such other means as determined by SCS from time to time. Members who fail to do so shall not be entitled to retrospectively earn or credit any Membership Points into their account for that transaction.
- The Membership Points accumulated by the Member will be credited to the Member’s account within one hundred and twenty (120) hours or such other time periods as shall be determined by SCS once the transaction is verified to be valid.
- Members may accumulate points on Member Accounts on transactions at the rate of $1 = 10 points and such points are valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
- The maximum number of Membership Points that can be awarded to any Member on qualifying purchases is capped at five thousand (5,000) points per day.
- Membership Points cannot be redeemed or accumulated in conjunction with other promotions, discounts and/or vouchers.
- Main cardholders may choose to transfer their points to a supplementary card holder and vice versa (i.e. supplementary card holders can transfer their points to the main cardholders).
- SCS shall have the sole discretion to deduct, cancel or reject/refuse to award Membership Points for any purchase which SCS deems (in its sole discretion) to be doubtful or ingenuine. SCS is also entitled to deduct, cancel or reject/refuse to award Membership Points that have been wrongfully accorded.
- SCS’ decision on any Membership Points-related dispute/ issue shall be conclusive and final, and Members agree to abide and be bound by the same decision made. No further correspondence will be entertained.
- Upon cancellation or termination of a Membership Account, all unredeemed Membership Points will be invalidated immediately.
SCS shall not be liable for any claim, loss and damage, cost and expense that arise from:
- Members’ failure to update personal information.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of Membership Points, benefits or privileges given.
SCS reserves the right to close a Member’s account automatically and/or forfeit any Membership Points, entitlement, and reward in respect of a Member’s Rewards Programme account if:
- no Membership Points have been credited or redeemed for a continuous period of seven (7) years; or
- the Member is found to have more than one Membership Account registered in his / her name; or
- as a result of SCS’s investigations, SCS believes that the account is not being managed in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or
- registration of the Rewards Programme is not completed within a period of one (1) year from the first transaction on the Rewards Programme, following which the account will be deemed as unregistered and all accumulated Membership Points, entitlements and rewards will be automatically forfeited immediately.
- Redemptions of Membership Points can only be made by the Member through SCS members’ portal using the Member’s registered email and password.
Membership Points may be used only by Members to:
- Redeem for SCS e-Voucher(s); and/or
Redeem for items in the SCS Online Redemption Catalogue (“Online Redemption Catalogue”)
(collectively, the “Rewards”).
- The list of Rewards and the number of Membership Points required for the redemption of the respective Rewards shall be determined by SCS. For the avoidance of doubt, SCS may from time to time amend the number of Membership Points required for redemption of the Rewards without prior notice to Members.
- The validity of the Rewards redeemed by the Member shall have the validity period as stated in the rewards description from the redemption date unless otherwise stated.
- Membership Points accumulated may only be redeemed in subsequent transaction(s) at the rate of 1,000 (one thousand) points = $3.50. A minimum of 1,000 (one thousand) points is required for any redemption.
- Any redemption is final and any refunds or replacements of rewards or prizes will not be entertained at all. Membership Points are also not exchangeable for cash.
- The Rewards or any prizes and/or promotions are offered subject to their availability.
- SCS shall not be liable for any claim relating to the rewards or prizes or the redemption process.
- In the event of a refund, the points disbursed will be recovered (Up to 5,000 points per day).
- In the event where a Member requests to redeem their Membership Points for SCS e-Voucher(s), the SCS e-Voucher(s)will be credited to the Member's account within twenty-four (24) hours or such longer time period as shall be determined by SCS.
- Membership Points can only be redeemed after five (5) working days from the date the Membership Points were first earned.
- The use and/or conversion of Membership Points may be subject to further terms and conditions or restrictions as SCS may impose from time to time.
- Membership Points have a validity period of twelve (12) months from the date of issuance. No extension, refund, payment, replacement, or exchange shall be permitted or entertained. All Membership Points that are not utilised by the aforesaid period shall be forfeited upon expiry. SCS shall not be liable for and will not extend the validity of any expired Membership Points.
The Rewards Programme offers three tiers of memberships,
- Mercury (First Tier);
- Venus(Second Tier);and
- Saturn (Third and Fourth Tier).
- All Members are emplaced on Mercury tier status upon enrolment into the Rewards Programme.
- There is no minimum nett spend requirement to retain the Mercury tier status in the Rewards Programme.
Members who accumulate the required points as set out below (“Accumulated Points”) on qualifying purchases at SCS shall be upgraded to a higher tier status once they meet
the following requirements:
Accumulated Points Tiers
Free to join
Upon accumulation of 1,000
Accumulated Points in 12 months
Upon accumulation of 2,000
Accumulated Points in
- Accumulated Points refers to the Membership Points accumulated by the Member and shall be rounded down to the nearest S$0.10, during the Assessment Period. The Assessment Period shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date the Membership Point was issued.
- As soon as the Member completes a particular transaction that brings the Accumulated Points to or above the number of Membership Points required for an upgrade in tier status, the Member will instantly and automatically be upgraded to the applicable tier and shall enjoy the upgraded tier status as well as the tier benefits and privileges for a period of twelve (12) calendar months ("Upgrade Period") beginning from the day of the upgrade until the remainder of the last calendar month of the Upgrade Period, (the “Upgraded Tier Validity Period”)
- Members will enjoy the accompanying benefits of his/her upgraded tier status for the duration of the Upgraded Tier Validity Period.
- At the end of the Upgraded Tier Validity Period, Members shall continue with their upgraded tier status, or be downgraded to the appropriate tier, depending on their Accumulated Points in the aforementioned Upgraded Tier Validity Period.
- The Rewards Programme offers three tiers of memberships,
In the event of downtime of services:
- Members can contact SCS at Tel: 64252500 with their purchases receipt(s) within seven (7) days, or within the grace period determined by SCS from time to time.
- Members may also approach our staff on site for any query.
- You may contact us at email@example.com for any query regarding the rewards programme;
- Or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query regarding the annual passes.
- Alternatively, you can call Tel: 64252500 during (operating hours) for further clarifications.